We’re building a movement to make service a defining element of American Jewish life.
Won’t you join?
Who we are
Repair the World tackles pressing local needs by mobilizing communities to volunteer. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage.
Get to know us even better! Download an overview of Repair the World.
What we do
Working with direct-service providers, national institutions, leaders and individuals throughout the United States, Repair the World creates opportunities for people to create change. We:
- MOBILIZE & CONNECT: Create localized hubs, partnerships and campaigns to address critical needs in communities, on campuses and around the world
- EDUCATE & SUPPORT: Infuse volunteering and service best practices into communities and organizations by providing resources, trainings, and targeted funding
- MEASURE: Perform ongoing research and evaluation of the Jewish service-learning field, and work to ensure maximum personal and social impact
Why we do it
In the spirit of tikkun olam, we envision an inspired Jewish community that addresses the world’s pressing issues through local service and volunteerism.
This means that:
- More people and places work together to bring about needed change in local communities and around the world
- Volunteer experiences and programs have real social impact
- People know about and build new ways to serve, they understand the importance of their contributions, and are compelled to engage their peer in giving back.
Why should YOU do it?
Simple. You want to Repair the World.