Monday Link Roundupby Leah Koenig | July 30, 2012 | 0 comments
Happy Monday – hopefully you had a relaxing weekend. Now, to get you inspired for the week ahead, here’s your round up of service and social justice-related posts from around the web.
- AJWS published a press release sharing their findings from Kenya – in short, girl-centered empowerment programs and policies have been successful in the fight against AIDS. Read on for the details…
- GOOD rocked a story about a girl-powered social justice venture via ultimate frisbee.
- The Huffington Post took a different look at the housing foreclosures happening all over the country, focusing on organizations helping the pets of those foreclosed find new homes.
- The Sustainablog shared tips and resources for how to reduce your contribution to the food waste stream. (hint: changing the type of bags you store your veggies in makes a difference!)
- Hands-on Blog offered ideas for how to organize and host a school supply drive in your community.
What stories inspired you this week? Let us know by tweeting @repairtheworld.