Monday Link Roundupby Leah Koenig | August 6, 2012 | 0 comments
Happy Monday! Get your week started off right with your regular dose of inspiring service and social justice-related posts from around the web.
- The Huffington Post featured an article and video about an awesome kid in Detroit who hosted a popcorn and lemonade stand to raise money for his city.
- TakePart indulged people with Olympic fever by rounding up a list of do-gooding Olympic athletes who give back to their communities.
- GOOD shared the hidden costs (to the environment and our health) behind the hamburgers we eat. Turns out, eating one less hamburger per week makes a BIG difference.
- GOOD also made the case that the green movement needs their equivalent of a “Marlboro Man.”
- Hands On Blog reminded readers that volunteering as a family is not only fun, it benefits everyone involved.