Thursday Link Roundupby Leah Koenig | July 29, 2010 | 1 comment
Looking for a little inspiring news as the weekend draws near? Look no further – here are some interesting service-related reads from around the web, and a couple opportunities to get involved!
CHECK IT OUT
- (NY Jewish Week) Take a behind the scenes look at Eden Village Camp, a brand-new environmentally-focused summer camp for Jewish kids.
- (NY Times) An uplifting piece from Times’ opinion columnist, Gail Collins, on why “the kids (or 20-somethings, rather) are alright.”
- (Huffington Post) Rabbi Ari Hart, co-founder of the Orthodox social justice organization, Uri L’Tzedek on sustainability and Jewish tradition.
- (NY Times) Micro-loans are typically associated with supporting small business owners in developing countries – but micro-financing also makes a big difference here in America.
- (Haaretz) Dozens of Orthodox rabbis sign a “statement of principles,” encouraging the acceptance of LGBT-identified people within the Jewish community.