Happy Monday! Hopefully you had restful, fun filled weekends. To get the week started off right, here’s your weekly dose of inspiration and service from around the web.
- The Huffington Post published a hopeful story and video about two adjacent towns in Israel, one Jewish and one Arab, that have found ways to co-exist and live together in peace.
- JSpot announced the new partnership between the Progressive Jewish Alliance and Jewish Funds for Justice with a video on the impact these organizations have had separately, and how they will work together going forward.
- eJewishPhilanthropy published a story about a new initiative by the Hadassah Foundation to support women-focused social change projects in the US. The deadline to apply for support is August 2nd.
- GOOD included an op-ed in support of high school grads taking a gap year, which would encourage more young people to do meaningful service and volunteer projects in a structured way.
- Sustainablog published a listicle of five iPhone apps that will help you go green – like the Carbon Tracker that lets you keep track of your carbon footprint.