Happy Monday! Looking for a bit of inspiration to get the week started – look no further. Below is Repair the World’s weekly roundup of service and world-changing posts from around the web.
- The Huffington Post included an essay by author Marianne Schnall sharing words of inspiration and advice from activists and celebrities. Read on to see the powerful “be the change” words from Natalie Portman, Gloria Steinem, Melissa Etheridge, Eve Ensler and more.
- GOOD continues its 30 day waste less challenge with tips and information about how to recycle your old cell phone.
- Idealist.org founder Ami Dar (who Repair the World recently interviewed) gave this year’s commencement address at CUNY. In it, he honors his mother who taught him about courage, laughter, standing up for what’s right, and making change in the world against all odds.
- AJWS released an official statement urging the international community to “recommit to comprehensive peace in Sudan” as its new nation forms.
- eJewishPhilanthropy shares all the ways that Jewish organizations are helping to rebuild tornado-stricken areas, and offers ways for you to get involved.