Happy Monday. Hopefully you had a great weekend (and if you’re on the East Coast, didn’t get stuck in the early snow!) This week’s link round up is filled not only with the usual inspiring service stories from around the web, but also with opportunities, tips and ideas on how to get involved, make a difference and make your innovative project (or project idea) the best it can be.
- AVODAH’s blog featured a post by corps member Lev Hirschhorn about his experience at the Occupy Chicago protests.
- The Huffington Post announced a call for video submissions from social innovators who want to share their stories with a large, influential audience. The deadline to submit is Nov 18.
- The HuffPo also published a helpful round up of 5 rules to know when raising money for your big idea.
- Relatedly, the HandsOn Blog offered 5 tips for how to communicate your organization or idea’s message effectively and efficiently.
- DoSomething.org launched a Step up to Bullying campaign to help students fight back against bullying in their schools and let others know about it. The deadline to submit (and potentially win some great prizes) is today so check it out!
- And to end on a feel-GOOD note, GOOD’s 30 Days of Good Challenge reminds everyone to get some fresh air and some exercise by taking a walk on their lunch break.