Happy Monday! We hope you enjoyed amazing Passover seders filled with song, great food, family and, of course, thoughts of freedom. To keep you in the Passover spirit for the rest of the holiday, here’s your weekly roundup of service and social-justice stories from around the web.
- JTA writes about one of our favorite service-focused Jewish singer-songwriters, Regina Spektor.
- The Forward reported that food pantries swelled at Passover this year, as the number of Jewish families facing poverty and hunger grew.
- The Huffington Post, meanwhile, published an essay by the President of the US Fund for UNICEF about helping to nourish hungry children around the world this Passover.
- HandsOn Blog shared some really interesting (and encouraging!) statistics about volunteering in America.
- GOOD published a school teacher’s passionate reaction to seeing the movie Bully.
- Have Fun Do Good ends things this week with a call for more great reading: their suggestions for eight, great change-making blogs.