Happy Monday! Hope you had a great time over the weekend celebrating Earth Day, J-Serve and Global Youth Service Day. To keep the energy up for the week, here’s your weekly round up of inspiring service-related stories from around the web.
- Sustainablog Missed Earth Day this year? No worries! Check out this list of great environmental movies – they’re sure to get you in the eco-spirit.
- Huffington Post Actor and former basketball player Zach Puchtel shares some thoughts on “focusing your efforts on improving the lives of others.”
- Hands On Blog Have you ever thought about *why* you volunteer, or why you might like to start? The Hands On blog compiled a lengthy list of reasons – which one speaks to you?
- Join for Justice Moishe House alumna Rabbi Margie Klein waxes enthusiastic about the social justice and service focus, not to mention the can-do spirit, of her former home.
- GOOD Did you know that the makers of Dance Dance Revolution are teaming up with First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign to “revolutionize” gym class? Check out how they’re harnessing the power of dance to fight childhood obesity.