Happy Monday and day after Father’s Day! To get you geared up for the rest of the week, here’s your weekly round up of inspiring service and social-justice posts from around the web.
- Join for Justice shared an article about the importance of faith-based and interfaith organizing.
- The Huffington Post published an article about the role that young people are playing in leading the sustainable development movement.
- JTA published an article about President Obama’s decision to defer the deportation of young illegal immigrants, and how progressive Jewish organizations are praising and supporting him for it.
- GOOD featured a new contest, spurred on and funded by New York’s mayor Michael Bloomberg, encouraging mayors and cities around the country to imagine innovative solutions to city’s most pressing challenges. The grand prize winning city will receive 5 million dollars to support their project!
- Hands On Blog solves any last-minute summer volunteering angst you might have with 50 (count ’em 50) suggestions for you to pitch in and do good this summer.