The past week was filled with two tragic and painful stories – the bombing of an Israeli tour bus in Bulgaria, and the deadly shooting in a Colorado movie theater. This week’s link roundup shares information about how to help the victims of these tragedies, as well as your weekly round up of service-related news from around the web.
- Hadassah is one of several organizations collecting funds to help the victims of terror in Bulgaria. Click the link to make a donation.
- The Huffington Post has rounded up several ways you can help the victims of last week’s shooting in Colorado, as well as their families.
- GOOD published a powerful and instructional article about how to talk with kids (and really anyone) after an act of violence occurs.
- JTA, in more heartening news (which feels so necessary right now) published a story about a kosher community kitchen in Australia that celebrated Nelson Mandela’s 94th birthday by preparing hundreds of meals for the needy.
- Sustainablog, on the subject of food, wrote about a clean, solar-powered stove that could be useful across the developing world.