To help jump start your Monday morning, here are some interesting reads and opportunities for service from across the blogosphere. Have a look and have a great start to the week!
CHECK IT OUT
- (Forward) Check out this podcast about female educators who helped transform Jewish education.
- (Huffington Post) A beautiful tribute to musician Joe Strummer – and changing the world through your words and actions.
- (NY Times) Gail Collins shares an uncommon – and wonderful – story about women getting the right to vote, which happened 90 years ago this month.
- (Puruse Action) Sesame Street rallies its all-star puppet team around the cause of healthy eating.
- (Queens Chronicle) Read this story about local volunteerism in Queens, New York – and how a school won $90,000 to help their community.
- (Do Something) Between now and September 18, drop off school supplies to a nearby Staples store and DoSomething.org will help get them donated to a student in need.
- (Hazon) Good with your hands? Hazon’s Jewish Environmental Bike Ride – a fundraising ride that supports environmental causes – is looking for a few volunteer massage therapists to work with riders after a long day of cycling.