Repair the World is dedicated to making meaningful volunteer service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage.
Repair the World’s signature program, Repair the World Communities, engages young adults in social change around education and food justice in neighborhoods in nine cities across the country. In each community, Repair staff and Fellows use peer-to-peer outreach and recruitment to engage thousands of other young adults in volunteering and learning, support local nonprofits to create authentic and impactful volunteering and education opportunities for those participants, and partner with local Jewish organizations to plan meaningful service-learning opportunities. Through our national programs, Repair inspires and activates thousands of young American Jews to serve their communities through digital campaigns, national partnerships, and in-person trainings to individuals and organizations around the country.
Repair the World is seeking a seeking an organized, responsible, and multi-talented individual to provide high-level administrative support to Repair’s President & CEO. The Assistant to the President is responsible for a wide range of duties that contribute to the health and harmony of the entire organization. This position is based at Repair’s national office in New York City and reports to the CEO.
The Assistant organizes key functions of the executive office, including: establishing administrative priorities, managing complex schedules and handling a broad range of complex inquiries, issues, and confidential materials, coordinating high-level meetings both internally and externally, coordinating multiple administrative and special projects; and serving as liaison between the president and a variety of audiences, including executive staff, board members, and other key stakeholders.
Under the leadership of the CEO, the Assistant to the President will:
CEO & Executive Team Support
- Maintain the CEO’s schedule of internal and external in-person and online meetings, conferences, and teleconferences; screens meeting requests liaise with staff members to organize workflow of the CEO so that institutional deadlines are met; field all internal and external requests for meetings
- Assist in preparing the agenda for weekly Senior Leadership Management meetings, take notes and follows-up on action items
- Draft communications on behalf of the CEO to key stakeholders
- Schedule committee and board meetings
- Engage the Board of Directors in partnership with the Director of Strategy by maintaining consistent communication, curating materials for committee and board gatherings, and executing logistics for quarterly meetings
Smooth Administrative Management
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with executive leadership/senior management staff.
- General office administration, including processing monthly credit card statement reconciliation for CEO
- Track and report the President’s correspondence, board committee meetings and board meetings in Salesforce
- Assist in coordinating staff retreats, gatherings, and other special projects
Systems Management & Communication
- Work closely with the development department to optimize the president’s outreach to funders, the media, and other key audiences
- May provide guidance to other staff on projects and other day to day matters associated with the executive office
- Work across the organization to develop and implement cross-organizational processes and systems that increase organizational effectiveness
Behind the scenes champion
- Extremely well-organized and experienced at creating administrative systems.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with frequently shifting priorities
- Work proactively and independently, and work gracefully under pressure
Collaborator & Clear Communicator
- Create positive professional relationships across a wide range of working styles
- Manage confidential conversations and information
- Professional and friendly demeanor and strong customer service skills
- Ability to draft and copy edit written communication effectively such as memos, talking points, emails, and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- 1 -2 years experience (internships or work)
- Strong commitment to Repair’s mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
Compensation & Benefits
Our starting salary for this non-exempt role is $48,000 if you have 1-2 years of experience. If you have more than that, let’s talk. Benefits package includes paid time off for service in addition to vacation and holidays, employer pays 100% for employee medical/dental/vision coverage and 50% for dependents, retirement matching, professional development and 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
How to apply
Please submit a resume and a one page cover letter here. In you cover letter please answer the following questions:
- What appeals to you about Repair’s mission?
- What is one complex administrative project that you have worked on? What was your role and the outcome?