Repair the World is dedicated to making meaningful volunteer service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage.
Repair the World’s signature program, Repair the World Communities, engages young adults in social change around education and food justice in neighborhoods in Atlanta, Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and New York City. In each community, Repair staff and fellows use peer-to-peer outreach and recruitment to engage thousands of other young adults in volunteering and learning, support local nonprofits to create authentic and impactful volunteering and education opportunities for those participants, and partner with local Jewish organizations to plan meaningful service-learning opportunities. Through our national programs, Repair inspires and activates thousands of young American Jews to serve their communities through digital campaigns and in-person trainings to individuals and organizations around the country.
Repair the World is seeking a full time Data Strategist to lead our Salesforce, data, and program evaluation strategies and systems. We are seeking a curious and enthusiastic data enthusiast who can ensure that decisions are made smarter and teamwork is made more effective through robust Salesforce use.
Salesforce is at the center of Repair the World’s key strategic goals as a data driven organization, and this role will focus on leveraging Salesforce and connected tools (like FormAssembly and Pardot) as platforms to solve business challenges across the organization. The Data Strategist’s role is part trainer, part champion, part analyst, and part administrator; and the Strategist will bring an entrepreneurial approach to Salesforce, constantly seeking to boost user adoption, upgrade its effectiveness, and expand its use as the organization evolves new strategies. The Data Strategist reports directly to the Director of Digital Strategy, and works closely with the Development team, Fellowship team, and Program team to develop a high-level national data strategy. This position is based out of Repair’s national office in New York City.
Strategy & Growth
- Plan, dream, and design a robust strategy that continuously moves Repair the World to be a more data driven organization through strategic goals and initiatives built in partnership with our leadership team
- Report quarterly on participant numbers and engagement, building clear communication around our data at an organization wide level
- Wear a “knowledge management hat” in staff meetings – bring CRM data/processes to the table at all times, and coach colleagues on bringing data processes to each new initiative
- Execute the organizational program evaluation strategy by managing the distribution of an array of surveys and the analysis of their results; as necessary, revise evaluation instruments to align with new initiatives and strategic shifts
- Analyze and compile findings from the annual evaluation survey, sharing high level insights and findings with our leadership team, board, and funders
- Work in partnership with our CEO to build and maintain a strong data culture that resonates across our funders, board, staff, and Fellows
- Partner closely with our Salesforce consultant, OpenTent, in addressing the most complex and high-value projects, both serving as a liaison between the firm and staff and helping direct the priority of the consultant’s work
Data Analysis and Administration
- Ability to handle the technical pieces of Salesforce administration including data entry, data uploads, troubleshooting, and user support
- Ensure Salesforce is meeting user needs by maintaining strong relationships across the staff and understanding user adoption
- Craft and revise Salesforce documentation explicitly stating how best to use the system as well as the organizational processes related to it
- Deeply understand Repair’s complex data model, and be able to use reports to ensure accurate internal and external reporting, including supporting users in filtering dashboards or making minor edits to reports
- Ensure data cleanliness by running duplicate merge processes and scanning for any human or computer errors in the data. Run routine and project-based database maintenance
- Be the point person for all data collection processes – create online forms through FormAssembly which connect directly to Salesforce and can organize and streamline complex workflows
- Handle support requests as they come in: forgotten passwords, process confusion, data upload needs, report/dashboard creation needs, etc
Ongoing Support and Training
- Onboard all new staff and Fellows into Repair’s data culture and Salesforce instance, and provide ongoing upgrade trainings for new features and skill building
- Stay on top of new software upgrades as they come out, and generally stay updated on field-wide developments
- Work closely with a select cohort of Fellows who provide on-the-ground training and support to their staff and peers by providing monthly training calls and ongoing support
- Experience as a Salesforce administrator and trainer in a non-profit context (preferred), or a power user who is looking to quickly grow their knowledge
- Passion for data, and helping others see how their work can be improved through data driven tools
- Creative problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
- Knowledge of annual engagement evaluation best practices, or curiosity to learn
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize data, and present it clearly
- Ability to translate technical jargon- verbally, in writing, and through presentation – into colloquial language
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Extremely detail-oriented, conscientious, and self-motivated
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Formal certifications like Salesforce Certified Administrator, Advanced Administrator, App Builder, etc. are preferable, but not required
- Expertise in FormAssembly and its Salesforce Connectors. We use FormAssembly for all external information collection, and the Strategist’s responsiveness in being able to quickly build excellent forms is crucial.
- Understanding of the capabilities of Salesforce, including security controls (profiles, permission sets, public groups, queues, sharing settings), process automation tools (workflows, flows, process builder), and business application development (custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, record types, apps, tabs)
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Commitment to our mission of making service a defining part of American Jewish life
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume here. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to begin immediately, although some flexibility may be available for the right candidate.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Repair the World provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status,national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The starting salary for the position is $58,500, if you have 2-3 years of relevant experience. If you have more than that, let’s talk. Generous benefits package includes paid time off for service, in addition to vacation time and Jewish and American holidays. Generous benefits package includes paid time off for service (in addition to vacation and holidays), Employer pays 100% for employee medical/dental/vision coverage and 50% for dependents, retirement matching, professional development and three months of paid parental leave.
The process for the hired applicant will include:
- Submission of Cover Letter and Resume
- Screening Interview: Applicants invited to move forward will continue on to a first round screening with a member of Repair’s Operations team
- Second Round Interview: Applicants invited to move forward will have a second round interview with our Director of Digital Strategy as well as another member of the team
- Assignment: Applicant invited to move forward will be asked to complete a task showcasing their data driven mindset
- Final Interview: Applicants who show exemplary work in the assignment will be invited to a final round interview with our CEO and Director of Strategy