Repair the World is dedicated to making deep and meaningful volunteer service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage.
Repair the World’s signature program, Repair the World Communities, engages young adults in social change around education and food justice in neighborhoods in Baltimore, Detroit, Miami, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and New York City.
Repair the World is seeking a full time Data Strategist to lead our Data Team and our Salesforce strategy, while maintaining our everyday data and reporting needs. We are currently undergoing a Salesforce Implementation process and are looking for our Data Strategist to work in partnership with the implementation consultant to serve as a bridge between the consultant and staff members. This person will work closely on implementation of Salesforce and will support users and the organization after the implementation. Data about our constituent relationships, engagement, and fundraising will play a critical role for the organization as we continue to scale. We are seeking a curious and humble strategist who can ensure that decisions are made smarter and teamwork is made more effective through robust Salesforce use. The role is located at our national office in Manhattan. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience, and we offer excellent benefits.
- Ability to handle the technical pieces of Salesforce while also communicating about the process on a strategic level
- Be closely plugged-in to staff CRM needs and how the implementation consultant is executing on those needs to ensure the delivered product meets expectations
- Build understanding in the current data set available to the organization, and understand how it will need to be transformed for migration to the new system. If timeline and skill permit, this person should work closely with the implementation consultant on this data transfer
- Craft documentation for how to use the new system and the organizational processes related to it
- Play a major role in training staff on the new CRM
- Handle customer support requests as they come in: forgotten passwords, process confusion, data upload needs, report/dashboard creation needs, etc
- Proactively identify opportunities for improved CRM work. Monitor CRM usage and staff needs and find ways to use the CRM to help solve organizational challenges
- Ensure data completeness by maintaining a living instruction manual for the team and holding frequent training sessions to keep people educated
- Ensure data cleanliness by running duplicate merge processes and scanning for any human or computer errors in the data. Run routine and project-based database maintenance
- Onboard new staff to the CRM as they join the team
- Wear a “knowledge management hat” in staff meetings – bring CRM data/processes to the table at all times, and coach colleagues on bringing data and smart knowledge management processes to each new initiative
- Be the point person for all data collection processes – create online forms which connect directly to the CRM, and make sure that any time someone is collecting data, that process matches the CRM configuration and requirements
- Be the point person for how to best segment the constituent list for communication/mass email purposes
- Stay on top of new software upgrades as they come out, and generally stay updated on field-wide developments
- Creative problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate technical jargon- verbally, in writing, and through presentation – into colloquial language
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Extremely detail-oriented, conscientious, and self-motivated
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize data, and present it clearly
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Fluency in English
- Formal certifications like Salesforce Certified Administrator, Advanced Administrator, App Builder, etc. are preferable, but not required
- Understanding of the capabilities of Salesforce, including security controls (profiles, permission sets, public groups, queues, sharing settings), process automation tools (workflows, flows, process builder), and business application development (custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, record types, apps, tabs)
- Strong technology skills and computer efficiency
- Commitment to social justice
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, humility
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume here. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Repair the World. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes paid time off for service (in addition to vacation and holidays), medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, and more.