About Repair the World
Repair the World is dedicated to making meaningful service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage. Repair the World has operations in Atlanta, Baltimore, Detroit, Miami, New York City, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh to strengthen a culture of volunteering and service in the local community and beyond.
Repair the World is seeking an exceptional full time Development Manager, based in our New York City office, to oversee fundraising efforts for the a portfolio of grants and Repair’s digital development strategy with a focus on diversifying Repair’s funding streams and maintaining fiscal stability. Working under the supervision of the Director of Strategy and later the Chief Development Officer, the Development Manager will simultaneously oversee a portfolio while supporting the advancement of strategies to secure new funding from philanthropic entities, corporations, and individuals in order to sustain and expand all programs.
The Development Manager will be responsible for stewarding existing supporters and building key relationships to curate a portfolio of engaged, inspired donors across individuals, and institutions. They will be a self-starting, collaborative, and goal-oriented fundraiser who doesn’t shy away from a challenge, and can effortlessly move from high-level strategic thinking to microanalysis of data and spreadsheets.
Individual Giving & Stewardship
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of prospects and donors including individuals, foundations, and corporations; ensure accurate and timely maintenance of information in donor database.
- Establish and maintain ongoing donor and prospect relationships by phone, written communication, and personal contact.
- Conduct cultivation meetings and collaborate on the development and implementation of regular cultivation and stewardship events.
- Meet monthly and quarterly benchmarks and goals based on activity with prospects/donors and dollars raised.
- Support the CEO, Director of Strategy, Chief Program Officer, and other senior leadership members in cultivating and stewarding donors through research, correspondence, and preparation.
- In partnership with Repair’s digital and communications team, lead the digital development strategy and deliver high impact content and reporting that connects donors with our work, with a focus on increasing support through the end of year campaign and other digital giving efforts.
- Serve as an enthusiastic and well-informed spokesperson for Repair the World. Ensure and enhance community awareness of Repair through conferences, and participation in local organizations.
- Prospect opportunities to fund shared work across the Repair the World cities, providing research on new prospects from local, state, and/or national sources, and developing appropriate strategies for cultivation and solicitation.
- Manage special development-related projects and events.
Development Systems, Research, & Administration
- Manage the drafting and submission of new funding proposals, concept papers and letters of interest, independently and in collaboration with City Directors and senior staff.
- Organize compelling funder briefings, and coordinate the participation of program staff in other funder events, such as conferences and group meetings.
- Assist the development team with the overall management and administration of the development department.
- 3-5 years of experience working with nonprofit organizations in a similar capacity including:
- Evidence of having creatively and strategically pursued funding
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in institutional advancement and development, including donor cultivation and solicitation
- Proven track record in grant writing, digital fundraising, and individual giving
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to interact successfully with high-level donors/prospects and senior program staff.
- Experience with Salesforce (or similar fundraising database) and prospect research skills a plus.
- Superior presentation and interpersonal skills and the capacity to inspire and motivate prospective individual donors and volunteers
- Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Meticulous organizational skills, ability to prioritize projects and follow through on detail with high-level accuracy
- Self-starter with the ability to both work independently and take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks under deadline pressure, and to work well in a team-driven environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to racial, social, and economic justice
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a high energy level, and an outgoing and positive personality
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and application questions here. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
People of color; lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people; women; and differently abled people are encouraged to apply. We also encourage applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
Our starting salary for this role is $70,000 if you have 3 years of experience. If you have more than that, let’s talk. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, support for childcare during travel and much more.
The process for the hired applicant will include the following steps:
- Submission of thoughtful and concise Cover Letter and Resume
- Applicants moved forward will have a first-round screening interview with an Operations team staff member
- Applicants that move forward from a first round interview with have a second round interview with the Director of Strategy and Development Assistant
- Applicants moved to the final round will be asked to speak with our Interim President & CEO
- References will be requested before the final round interview