Repair the World is dedicated to making deep and meaningful volunteer service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences, rooted in Jewish values, history and heritage.
Repair the World is seeking a Manager of Marketing and Communications, based in our national office in New York. The Manager will be responsible for Repair the World’s marketing and communications efforts to multiple stakeholder groups, including participants, Board members, donors, and partners. This role reports to the COO.
- Design and manage organizational marketing initiatives to key stakeholders.
- Create, test, and optimize creative and copy across the organization including Repair the World Communities, fundraising, and recruitment.
- Manage WordPress website to deliver content that is fresh and relevant, working across the organization to reflect the goals of each arm of the organization accurately and compellingly. Create new pages, remove outdated pages, organize categories and tags on our blog, and oversee website architecture.
- Oversee email marketing platform including expanding, differentiating and increasing the value of email lists through creating email newsletters, designing templates, building outreach plans and calendars, and supporting other parts of the organization in their targeted outreach.
- Collaborate across departments to promote a compelling and consistent tone, style, and voice of marketing materials that best asserts Repair the World’s brand and communications objectives.
- Work closely with the development and program teams to create and distribute print and digital collateral.
- Report regularly on the results of website, email, digital campaign and social media activities, propose recommendations for ongoing improvement and optimization and implement agreed-upon changes.
- Implement and manage editorial calendar including structure and strategy for email blasts and social media announcements.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highly organized with a keen ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
Strong attention to detail with a results oriented, schedule driven attitude
Deep understanding of Mailchimp, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
Design knowledge in Canva and Photoshop
Ability to make data-driven decisions
Comfort with ongoing change-management through quick design-test-improve cycles.
3 years of marketing experience preferred
Passion and excitement about Repair the World’s work
Flexibility, good humor, and eagerness to work in a fast-paced, startup environment
Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, support for childcare during travel and much more. We are based in a fun co-working space in Midtown Manhattan with free coffee, tea, and beer!
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to [email protected] and indicate your name and “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Repair the World.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.