Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world. We believe that service in support of social change is vital to a flourishing Jewish community and an inspired Jewish life. By 2030, Repair will inspire and catalyze one million acts of service towards repairing the world.
Repair is building a Jewish service movement that mobilizes young adults to serve in their communities, catalyzes service through deep partnerships within Jewish communal organizations, and inspires people to take action through time-bound thematic national service campaigns, digital engagement, and service.
Repair the World is looking for a dynamic professional to manage marketing and recruitment for our immersive service-learning programs, the Fellowship and the Service Corps. With marketing experience, a people-first approach to relationships, and proven organizational ability, the Marketing & Recruitment Associate will ensure that Repair the World’s recruitment messaging and brand is compelling and unified. The focus of this role will be to set goals, launch, and manage recruitment for the Service Corps and Fellowship programs.
- The Service Corps is a 6-10 week service and learning experience which runs three times per year where young adults, age 18-29 are placed with service providers for 10 hours per week of service as well as take part in local Jewish and contextual learning and cohort time.
- The Fellowship is a 2 year, full-time, immersive service and learning experience for young adults, age 21-26. Fellows are placed with service partners for 10-20 hours per week and engage in direct service and volunteer recruitment. In addition to direct service, they recruit volunteers, lead service projects to mobilize the broader community in service, and engage in weekly contextual learning about systemic inequity & Jewish values.
This position is on Repair’s National Team and is remote with a strong preference for candidates based in any of Repair’s communities (Atlanta, Baltimore, Bay Area, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Harlem, Los Angeles, Miami, Pittsburgh). The position is expected to begin August 30th, 2021. They will report to the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager and work closely with the Repair team and Jewish Service Alliance partners to develop high-level national recruitment, marketing, and communications materials. (The Jewish Service Alliance [JSA], is a coalition of organizations created to mobilize tens of thousands of Jewish young adults and college students in acts of meaningful service and learning to address the COVID-19 crisis, its economic fallout, and the current movement for racial justice.)
- Collaborate with the Directors of the Service Corps and Fellowship to implement the key performance metrics and strategies for recruitment.
- Create a robust recruitment project plan with clear timelines and processes based on our annual program calendar. The project plan should also include the ways our recruitment strategy will maintain and grow relationships with representatives of Jewish Service Alliance organizations, as well as concise and thoughtful recruitment actions for our internal and external communications, and clear paths for local staff to engage in recruitment best practices.
- Build digital assets for recruitment, such as social media graphics, email marketing language and templates, marketing toolkits for stakeholders, and advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate with Jewish Service Alliance member organizations to distribute marketing materials for the Service Corps and the Fellowship.
- Administer the complete admissions process in Salesforce, including application, interview, and acceptances.
- Work alongside the data team to ensure the application process runs smoothly and that the application is up to date throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Gather, analyze, and learn from data related to recruitment and admissions, adjust strategies accordingly in real-time, and convert data into long-term learnings.
- Build community with Marketing, Communications, and Recruitment professionals at Jewish engagement and Jewish social justice organizations.
- Create content that speaks to Gen Z and the next generation of leaders, while framing service through a Jewish lens. Ability to communicate about justice, while working through a social and racial lens.
Email Marketing, Social Media and Website Management (30%)
- Lend marketing support via social media and email, for offerings such as recruitment, virtual volunteering efforts, partnership efforts, and time-bound service campaigns; offering analyses and data driven recommendations for ongoing improvement.
- Maintain our organizational social media calendar, creating toolkits and scheduling posts across Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Track press about Repair the World and share relevant articles on social media, in addition to adding them to our website.
- Update Repair’s website as needed, adding and removing staff members, updating key dates and links, and ensuring that the most recent information is posted and shared on the site.
- Highlight stories of partner organizations who are doing meaningful Jewish service learning using social media and our website.
General Marketing Support (20%)
- Work alongside the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager to collect, manage, and disseminate stories from fellows and corps members, weaving into social media posts, blog posts, and emails.
- Assist Development Team with telling the story of the Fellowship and Service Corps at our end of program year and end of calendar year fundraising campaigns.
- Support our annual evaluation work, through marketing and tracking of surveys sent to partners, fellows, corps members, and participants.
- Manage and update Style Guides for Fellowship and Service Corps.
- Coordinate apparel ordering for the Fellowship and Service Corps, manage our Shopify store, and support the team with all “SWAG” related requests.
- Additional support work as needed, including website maintenance, building marketing emails, uploading images to drive, and supporting Repair’s marketing needs.
We know that you may not have all the skills listed. We encourage you to apply even if you only check some of the boxes.
- 1- 2 years experience in marketing and communications, and/or recruitment.
- Proficient communication skills, specifically around clear, compelling, and persuasive copywriting for digital. Should demonstrate the ability to inspire, present to, and communicate with diverse audiences.
- Proficiency using email marketing tools, with a preference for experience in Pardot. Understanding and experience with A/B testing in emails as well as a basic understanding of HTML for email.
- Ability to manage relationships and work within a CRM (with Salesforce experience preferred) to track all aspects of recruitment and application cycles.
- Expertise working within a social media scheduler, and knowledge of posting to increase engagement across Instagram, TikTok, Facebook (including Ads Manager), LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Knowledge of best practices in digital marketing and online engagement including working knowledge of WordPress, Pardot (or other email marketing software), Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Google AdWords, and social media best practices.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills including managing up, delegating responsibilities, analyzing successes and failures, and overseeing a team of stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and either a video or written response here answering the following prompt:
- What do you view as the key for organizations who are looking to successfully recruit young adults for programming?
Repair the World Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Compensation at Repair the World is determined based on the salary band for the role and adjusted based on cost of living where the final candidate resides. Compensation for this role is dependent on location and starts at $36,000 if you are in Atlanta, Baltimore, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit; at $38,000 if you are in Chicago, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, and Miami; at $43,000 if you are in Boston, at $45,000 if you are in the Bay Area; and at $48,000 if you are in New York City. Benefits package includes paid time off for service in addition to vacation and holidays, employer pays 100% for employee medical/dental/vision coverage and 50% for dependents, retirement matching, and professional development funds. In addition, employees that have been with Repair for at least a year are eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
The process for the hired applicant will include the following steps:
- Submission of Resume and Cover Letter or Video.
- Applicants moved forward will have a first-round screening with a member of Repair’s Operations team.
- Applicants that move forward will have a second-round interview with two staff members who work directly on the Fellowship and/or Service Corps.
- Applicants that move on from the second round interview will be sent an assignment to complete and will have a final interview with the Director of Digital Strategy and the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Two professional references will be requested before the final round of the interview process.