Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world, igniting a lifelong commitment to service. We believe service in support of social change is vital to a flourishing Jewish community and an inspired Jewish life. By 2030, Repair will inspire and catalyze one million acts of service towards repairing the world.
Over the coming year, Repair the World will power a national service initiative mobilizing thousands of Jewish young adults and college students through Serve the Moment in 100,000 acts of meaningful service and learning to address the COVID-19 crisis. Serve the Moment will combine virtual volunteering, in-person service, and time-bound service campaigns around specific issue areas.
Repair the World is hiring a Data Assistant. This role is a part time, remote position, expected to work up to 20 hours/week. The Assistant will function as a capacity builder for the Digital team, reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, and have weekly check-ins with the Data Associate.
- Handle the technical pieces of Salesforce administration including data entry, data uploads, troubleshooting, and user support
- Craft and revise Salesforce documentation explicitly stating how best to use the system as well as the organizational processes related to it
- Deeply understand Repair’s complex data model, and be able to use reports to ensure accurate internal and external reporting, including supporting users in filtering dashboards or making minor edits to reports
- Ensure data cleanliness by running duplicate merge processes and scanning for any human or computer errors in the data. Run routine and project-based database maintenance
- Handle support requests as they come in: forgotten passwords, process confusion, data upload needs, report/dashboard creation needs, etc
- Experience with Salesforce in a non-profit context (preferred)
- Passion for data, and helping others see how their work can be improved through data driven tools
- Creative problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Extremely detail-oriented, conscientious, and self-motivated
- Commitment to our mission
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Experience with FormAssembly and its Salesforce Connectors. We use FormAssembly for all external information collection.
- Understanding of the capabilities of Salesforce, including security controls (profiles, permission sets, public groups, queues, sharing settings), process automation tools (workflows, flows, process builder), and business application development (custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, record types, apps, tabs)
- Basic understanding of HTML
The starting hourly rate for the position is $17/hour, with an expectation of working up to 20 hours/week. This is a remote part time position, without benefits.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume here. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to begin immediately, although some flexibility may be available for the right candidate.
The process for the hired applicant process will include:
- Submission of thoughtful and concise Cover Letter and Resume. In your cover letter, please answer the following questions:
- Why do you think data is a critical part of nonprofit storytelling?
- Applicants moved forward will continue on to a first round screening with a member of Repair’s Operations team.
- Applicants that move forward from a first round interview will have a final interview with the Data Associate, and will be asked to complete an assignment.
Repair the World Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.