The One America Movement (One America) was founded by faith and community leaders after the 2016 election to challenge the toxic divisiveness and polarization plaguing American society. One America brings people together across religious, racial, political and cultural divides to solve problems, serve their communities, break bread and talk. We are building a national, transpartisan movement of Americans who are frustrated with a broken political system and by divisive narratives and believe we can do better.
The One America Movement is being incubated as a program of Repair the World, a service organization dedicated to making deep and meaningful volunteer service a central part of Jewish life. We enable people to bridge differences and to transform their neighborhoods, cities and lives through meaningful service experiences that bring context to Jewish values.
PROGRAM ASSOCIATE ROLE AND LOCATION:
One America, although a project of Repair the World, operates as a start-up and the Program Associate will be the second full-time staff member dedicated to the program. As such, the Program Associate will broadly support the program’s mission and objectives; assuming growth, the position is designed to arc toward a more focused role in future years.
The Program Associate will be based in the Washington D.C. area although we will consider strong applications from candidates based elsewhere. The position is largely, but not entirely, remotely based.
PROGRAM ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The One America Program Associate will be responsible to:
- Represent One America in meetings with current and prospective partners
- Work with One America’s Executive Director to craft program, development and communications strategies
- Manage program logistics for One America’s signature bridge-building projects
- Manage One America’s social media accounts and blog
- Undertake news and funder-related research
- Write and edit communications materials
- Create multimedia content
- Draft and format reports and other materials
- Maintain administrative duties
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience and at least two years of professional experience
- Comfort working remotely and with minimal structure but with high expectations for performance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Twitter, Facebook and WordPress
- Commitment to building a transpartisan movement to heal our country
- Extremely well-organized; able to create efficient administrative systems
- High attention to detail, including strong proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to:
o Relate to people respectfully and skillfully across political, religious and racial divides
o Thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities
o Grasp complex ideas quickly
o Create positive professional relationships across a wide range of working styles
o Be resourceful, proactive, flexible and positive in problem-solving
o Be sensitive and discreet managing confidential conversations and information
Additional Useful Qualifications
- Flexibility and good humor
- Experience volunteering or working with social justice, social action or service programs
- Understanding of and experience with managing executives
- Knowledge of specific religious traditions, cultures and practices
- Experience working with faith communities and/or political and religious institutions
- Basic understanding of the dynamics of divisiveness in American society
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, a writing sample (no more than 1 page) and a bullet point list of why you believe you are a good fit for this position (no cover letter, please) here. Applicants will be interviewed on a rolling basis. The position is expected to begin in January or February, 2018. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Repair the World and the One America Movement.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Repair the World provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Salary range is $40,000 – $45,000 depending on experience with significant potential for growth.
Generous benefits package includes medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, support for childcare during travel, professional development support, and much more.