Repair the World is a national nonprofit dedicated to inspiring American Jews and their communities to give their time and effort to serve those in need. Across the country, we engage the Jewish community, and young adults in particular, in a range of volunteer opportunities and issue-based campaigns that connect them to volunteering alongside their neighbors to strengthen their communities. Repair the World Communities, our signature program, runs in six cities. In each city, we engage young adults in meaningful volunteer and educational programs in partnership with community-based organizations.
Repair the World is seeking a Senior Director of Advancement, based in our national office in New York, to lead all facets of our development program, including both institutional and individual donors. This is a pivotal time at Repair the World, as we grow our programs and spread our impact throughout the country. The right candidate will be love creating and executing new initiatives while leading the department in its ongoing work. The Senior Director will partner with and engage many staff and Board members in development work, and will be highly focused on ensuring that there is significant buy-in and participation in fundraising throughout the organization. At least half of the Senior Director’s responsibility will be to ensure successful fundraising in the cities where Repair the World Communities operates and in new cities that are part of Repair the World’s expansion plans. S/he will also maintain a portfolio of individual prospects and donors. The Senior Director of Advancement will report to the Chief Operating Officer and work very closely with the CEO.
- Thoroughly understand Repair the World including its mission, values, key stakeholders, programs, and finances.
- Develop and manage all facets of Repair the World’s fundraising efforts across the organization, including institutional, individual, and digital.
- Supervise two full-time professionals and a contract grant-writer.
- Lead the development team to manage individual prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with a high level of precision and purpose.
- Serve as lead professional for Repair the World’s institutional donors, overseeing grant-writing and reporting.
- Develop and implement highly successful fundraising campaigns in partnership with City Directors, Expansion Director, and program teams to drive local and project based fundraising.
- Partner with Finance Director owning revenue side of budget formulation, reporting, and projections.
- Staff the Development Committee of the Board and work closely with the Office of the President to manage Board meetings,
- Coordinate staff and equip executive team and Board members for board meetings, prospect meetings, and solicitations.
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social, and community trends related to Repair the World.
- Maintain an individual portfolio of major gifts prospects and donors.
- Oversee Repair the World’s crowd-funding and online giving campaigns.
- Moderate domestic travel required.
- Five or more years of successful development experience, including creating and executing development plans and fundraising campaigns.
- Demonstrated achievement identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding high-wealth donors as well as board members and other high-level volunteers.
- Demonstrated achievement working with foundations and in soliciting institutional gifts.
- Successful experience building relationships with Board members and other lay leaders.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling and comprehensive to potential donors.
- Experience working with a development database preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams preferred.
- Site visit or event planning experience preferred.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Repair the World with the ability to serve as a strong, compelling ambassador for the organization.
- Sophistication and ability to communicate and interact comfortably with high-net-worth individuals and groups.
- Impeccable management, supervisory, and planning skills.
- A proven ability to work collaboratively and thoughtfully as part of a committed, integrated team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and concisely (both written and verbal).
- A deep and broad knowledge of development, including all aspects of fundraising.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and research skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems, work independently, and excel in a high performance culture.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining disciplined adherence to program goals.
- Irrepressible enthusiasm and optimism.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume as attachments to [email protected] Indicate your name and “Senior Director of Advancement” in the subject line. We thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Repair the World. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package includes paid time off for service (in addition to vacation and holidays), medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement matching, and more.