Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world. We believe that service in support of social change is vital to a flourishing Jewish community and an inspired Jewish life. By 2030, Repair will inspire and catalyze one million acts of service towards repairing the world.
Repair is building a Jewish service movement that mobilizes young adults and their communities to serve local, catalyzes service through deep partnerships within Jewish communal organizations, and inspires people to take action through time-bound thematic campaigns, digital engagement, and service.
Repair the World is looking for a dynamic professional to manage Repair’s national virtual service programming. With deep service experience, a people-first orientation toward relationships, and proven organizational ability, the Senior Virtual Program Associate will ensure that Repair the World has an attractive set of impactful virtual service opportunities to facilitate for Jewish organizational partners and has incredible virtual volunteers that meet immediate needs both connected to and independent of the COVID-19 pandemic. This position starts in early December, 2021.
This position will be a part of Repair’s national team and the location is flexible (with a preference towards applicants in Repair the World Communities (Atlanta, Baltimore, Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, and Pittsburgh). They will report to the Director of National Partnerships, and work closely with Repair team members and partners to develop and manage partnerships and virtual service opportunities.
- Maintain and build upon the suite of virtual volunteer projects and relationships with nonprofit service partners across the country.
- Facilitate relevant virtual volunteer opportunities for Jewish communal partner organizations as they continue to convene virtually (ex: virtual staff retreats, virtual conferences, etc…)
- Create, schedule and implement consistent virtual volunteering opportunities nationally and with Repair communities.
- Implement a robust yearly schedule aligned with the national program calendar and digital campaigns.
- Use Jewish text, wisdom, and ritual alongside issue area education and reflection to deepen the virtual service experience.
- Recruit and retain program participants and build community amongst virtual volunteers via the following modes of communication:
- Social media and creating program graphics
- Using email for individual engagement and newsletters (Pardot)
- Other modes of communication (such as using a texting platform) with support from marketing and communications team
- Gather, analyze, and learn from Salesforce data related to virtual service, adjust strategies accordingly in real time, and convert data into long-term learnings.
- Support other colleagues and national partner organizations in running virtual volunteer programs and connecting them with virtual volunteer opportunities.
- Additional support for national partnerships to support growth in this area of our programs.
Relevant Experiences and Skills
We know that you may not have all the skills listed, we encourage you to apply even if you only check some of the boxes.
- A strong understanding of Repair the World’s mission.
- Experience with and commitment to service, social justice, and racial justice.
- Customer service orientation and community building: you can cultivate and maintain relationships across the digital and virtual divide.
- Strength and experience with virtual facilitation: can create exciting and engaging programs, keep participant’s attention, and pivot from the original plan, when needed.
- Results driven: You can balance the big picture with an orientation to detail and effective execution.
- Organizationally agile: You communicate and coordinate effectively at every level. You share information, work cooperatively, seek out relevant information, decide the appropriate steps and get the desired results. You effortlessly adjust your style and message to convey value to different markets.
- Credible and broadly influential: Ability to build strong relationships across lines of difference particularly with young adults with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- 1-2 years of professional experience (work or internship)
- Experience in virtual facilitation, relationship management, and service learning
- Understanding of data management and experience using CRM software (ex: Salesforce)
- Understanding of social media best practices
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter here.
Repair the World Equal Opportunity Statement
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbians, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Compensation at Repair the World is determined based on salary band for the role and location. The starting salary for this role is dependent on location and starts the following costs by city and if you have 1-2 years related experience. If you have more experience than that, let’s talk.
- Atlanta, Baltimore, Cleveland, Colorado, Detroit: $37,000 – $45,500
- Chicago, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, and Miami: $41,500 – $49,000
- Boston or Bay Area (CA): $47,000 – $56,000
- New York City: $53,000 – $60,000
Benefits package includes paid time off for service in addition to vacation and holidays, employer pays 100% for employee medical/dental/vision coverage and 50% for dependents, retirement matching, and professional development funds. In addition, employees that have been with Repair for at least a year are eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
The process for the hired applicant process will include:
- Submission of Cover Letter and Resume.
- Applicants moved forward will continue on to a first round interview with a Repair Operations team member.
- Applicants who are moved to a final round will have a final interview with the Director of National Partnerships and the Chief Program Officer.
- All finalists will need to provide 2 professional references.