Happy Monday and happy December! To get you geared up for the new month and the upcoming festival of lights (ahem, Hanukkah), here is our weekly round up of inspiring service-focused posts from around the web.
- The Wall Street Journal published a fascinating interview with Feeding America CEO, Vicki Escarra.
- The New York Times published an article about the importance of matching volunteers to the right positions – and how some organizations are doing just that.
- The Jewish Week shared a story about a JCC in Suffolk County, Long Island that is redefining tolerance and diversity.
- EJewish Philanthropy shared the news and a video clip about the Academy Award winning documentary Strangers No More about an inspiring school in Tel Aviv that serves one of the most economically challenged and diverse student populations in Israel.
- GOOD shares an equally inspiring story about how a program teaching knitting in Maryland’s prisons has transformed some prisoners’ lives for the better.
What stories are you feeling inspired by this week?