Happy Monday! Here’s your weekly roundup of inspiring service-related posts from around the web.
- The Huffington Post writer, Marian Wright Edleman, who serves as President of the Children’s Defense Fund, wrote an essay about how ancient wisdom – particularly the story of Noah’s Ark – can “serve as a blueprint for setting sail and getting our children to safe harbor.”
- Mashable offers a listicle of 5 social good websites aimed at youth. (A roundup within a roundup – how meta!)
- GOOD shares the inspiring story of Mark Horvath, a formerly homeless person who began “giving other homeless people a voice” through video.
- Sustainablog exposes the myths and gives the real scoop on organic food and sustainable agriculture.
- The Youth Venture blog shares tips on how young people can “break through the youth barrier” in any setting – from school, to volunteering, to jobs and meetings.”