Happy Monday! Here to get you geared up for the week ahead, is your regular dose of inspiration from around the web. Read on…
- The Jewish Week featured an essay by rabbinical student, Daniel Millner, on his recent service trip to Alabama to help rebuild tornado-devastated communities.
- JTA reported on Repair the World’s study on service, volunteering and Jewish values.
- The Forward published a tribute by women’s rights activist, Letty Cottin Pogrebin, on the legacy of fellow activist and co-author of “The Women’s Hagaddah,” Esther Broner, who passed away last week.
- The Huffington Post published an essay by Rabbi Lawrence Troster calling for forging a deeper, more sacred connection to the earth.
- The Huffington Post also included an article about First Lady Michelle Obama’s recent inspirational trip to visit Peace Corps workers in Botswana.
- The New York Times published an article about how charities are using texting and other modern technologies to raise awareness and appeal to younger supporters.