The northeast heat wave from last week has subsided (a bit), but the blogosphere is still burning with service and social-change related stories. Here are some highlights:
CHECK IT OUT
- (Lifeworks) Jim Kielsmeir who founded the National Youth Leadership Council, talks about the growing importance of service-learning in schools.
- (HuffPo) Read this article on the impact of service during difficult times.
- (HuffPo) “No Impact Man,” Colin Beavan, talks about our collective responsibility to prevent oil spills.
- (JDC) 6 months after the earthquake, JDC continues their work to help build hope in Haiti.
- (Field Museum) You’ve heard of a carbon footprint – now the Field Museum in Chicago has created a water calculator to help you figure out your “water footprint” and how you can conserve this precious resource.
- (Masa) Masa Israel alumni are invited to apply for the first ever Masa Israel Leadership Summit – Sunday, July 18, 2010.
- (Case Foundation) Nominate a young changemaker (age 12-24) for the Staples Youth Entrepreneurship competition.
- (Religious Action Center) Find out more about how you can make an impact in cleaning up (or supporting the cleanup of) the Gulf oil spill.